Tuesday, March 03, 2015

KOL Journal (03/03/2015)

My thought today was if Ed was worth it to do over and over for karma.

The positives:

Ed can skip a lot of the quests, like the pyramid and desert, Whitey's Grove, and the entire Tower.
Ed has access to both +combat and -combat.
Ed can flyer, insult and get cursed multiple times in one fight.

The negatives:

Ed is really fiddly because you have to manage Ka and the 3 times combat thing.
Because of the above, it takes longer to play.
I have no idea how Ed plays in hardcore, even with all the skills.

Judgment:

Anything that removes the tower is A++++ in my book. It means I don't need keys, sources of initiative, elemental damage, stat gainers, the beehive, or the electric boning knife.
Anything that reduces flyering/insulting turns is good.
I don't have to be perfect to get three day ascensions in softcore since I usually have tons of adventures left over on day 3.

For now, I'll stick with doing Ed in softcore until I have 10 starting points.

No comments:

Post a Comment