Tuesday, March 25, 2014

KOL Journal (03/25/2014)

Recently, I've been seeing a couple of posts on the boards about doing budgetcore (and I guess softcore) runs. Mostly, I think that there are just lots of strategies and that most people do their research for their specific situation, whether they have any IOTMs or faxing or whatever skills or for specific challenge paths. Generally, the advice is Smith's Tome, fax, spleen familiar, and of course, normal turn cutting like decreasing combat frequency.

I've never been able to cut a run down to 3 days, currently I go over by about 30 turns into day 4 starting with 8 + 1 points. I suspect this is because I have a couple large holes in my current technique that waste turns. AoSP seems to be cheaper than normal, but it requires set up to be comfortable.

I haven't done a fully worked up run log for a long time to analyze these holes, but generally:

1. I need to cut down the time to get a digital key, though likely I will have to pull a crackpot mystic jar.

2. Level 11 and 12 still take such a long time I need to be in the middle of level 11 by day 2, if I wanted to have a chance of getting a 3 day run.

3. Related to 2, I need to generate more turns per day, or cut more turns. This may be extremely solved by doing about 15 more runs and starting with 25 points, switching to using unmuffled etc.

4. I need to manage ML better (i.e. not die).

5. Trying to flip between hate for incite riot and love for snap fingers etc is annoying, and I suspect this would be alleviated by either timing when I'm at 30 hate (no jacket, of course) for "safe" regions and using jukebox to turn the scale back at opportune moments.

I'm not sure what the next challenge path might be, but I'll try to squeeze in 10 more runs before Halloween on May 5. I probably won't excessively try to get it down to 3 days.  I think I would only be able to squeeze in about 12-13 more runs in the season, which is 1100 extra karma. I might just continue to do those runs because they are so comfortable (with a moderate starting skill amount) that it's pretty insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment