Sunday, January 26, 2014

KOL Journal (01/26/2014)

I'm out of ronin again. I finally got the magical battery, so I only have one sword left to get. I'm taking a break from the sea this run. I was busy the last couple of days, and nothing particularly new happened in my sauceror run, so I didn't write anything.

I'm not doing anything interesting today, so I'll make some notes here about the different classes in CA2, and other things which I found useful.


Seal Clubber - excellent banish skill, also good combat frequency modifier. It is really nice to have something to remove beaten up. I need to pull the meat tenderizer is murder weapon to help out here. 4 days is doable. I think it's actually the only one which I can do 4 days other than AT.

Turtle Tamer - Skills are expensive, and MP regeneration is a problem. Snapper and War Tortoise are the more useful blessings. The extra familiar weight is nice, but no combat frequency modifiers is a little difficult. I would pull the Oujia Board.

Pastamancer - Pasta Thralls are very useful. MP is not a problem because pasta thrall tactics reduces MP costs. Meat is saved because cocoon is so powerful. Vampieroghi (healing) is a good starter, at least to get the thrall tactics going then Angel Hair Wisp (combat initiative, blocking), and then Lasamgmie/Spice Ghost (meat/item drop) if you are at the right level at the end. Also no combat frequency modifiers.

Sauceror - Slow because of no combat frequency modifiers. I would suggest that it is fairly easy to survive unless you wander into areas much higher than your level. You will not run out of MP or HP as long as you cast curse of weaksauce or marinara and end with a spell (saucegeyser preferred because it is auto-tuned to the spell that will cause the most damage).  A sauceror also has the elemental saucesphere for elemental resistance tests. I did not pull the smith's tome weapon and actually used the saucepan for most of the time. As for Soul Saucery, soul blaze is useless, as saucegeyser will work, and mostly I used soul bubble for stunning and soul rotation for extra combat initiative. This is the longest because sauceror is my favourite class.

Disco Bandit - Oh, I didn't actually do this one as a CAII. But, I don't think it would be very interesting. I think I would pull the smith's tome weapon because of the knife skill thing the DB seems to have going on.

Accordion Thief - This is totally the easy mode. Item drops, meat drops, both combat frequency modifiers, an ML increaser, ode to booze, shopping at other guild stores and pickpocket. I could fall asleep and still make it in four days. I would pull the Shakespeare's Sister's Accordion.

Other:
Hookah use - I either have bad luck or something, but this is rarely useful. Sometimes I try to line up the buffs I get with what I'm doing, but mostly its use is as extra familiar weight.

Day 1 Liver - I'd say that this is doable as any class, but you might have to use borrowed time. Save the legendary beat for this.

Legendary Beat - Prime uses for this is to get the liver, for the forecastle, for the orchard, Wine Cellar.

Moon Pies and Wrecked Generators - The wrecked generators are what I used more. I usually ate the key pies instead.

VIP Key - Submarine sprints for lowering combat frequency, early use of the fax for the lobsters, playing pool stylishly for combat initiative (I needed some for TT)

black eyedrops - I used a semi-rare to get these from the Haunted Library. Using that in conjunction with the extreme gear will help with the A-Boo Peak clues.

Setting the ballroom - It's slightly easier as a muscle class because you won't instantly die due to low HP (like if you were a mysticality class). But about level 6 or so should be doable, either with blood of the wereseal help or stunning. Of course, it's easier if you can use a ring of conflict, but it's OK without. Just pray for luck in the haunted bedroom, and don't forget to pick up Lord Spookyraven's spectacles if you happen to get that non-combat.

Addition: I ascended as a TT to pick up a skill.


No comments:

Post a Comment